Saturday, April 21, 2007

I’m a cheatin’ fool!

I was unfaithful last night – to my long time love. I feel awful. It was disgusting. I never should have done it. I swear I’ll never do it again. What was I thinking? What could have possibly lured me away to try this? ……

To try THIS???



What makes this all the more painful is that I am still nursing my 6 month old son, I only get one shot at a beer any time we’re out – I get ONE and I wasted it on this? When I took the first glug I imagine my face turned the same shade as the bottle. But since this was my ONE beer, you can bet I was going to finish it. I kept sipping thinking the taste would grow on me, you know like sometimes that first sip of a glass of wine is not so good, but the further down the glass you get, the better it tastes? Not so with Miller Chill- even the name makes me cringe.

I’m sorry Miller Lite, please forgive me – after this brief dalliance, you can be assured that I am a ‘one beer lady’. (And, when I’m finished nursing I’ll be a ‘one, more, oh yes another, oh, okay just the one more beer lady’ once again!)

4 comments:

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

I know your pain. I'm dying for a mojito! Just a few more months for me. (I'm not the 'have one and stop' kind of gal.)

Anonymous said...

I have cheated on my (two) loves and I always feel guilty and return begging and pleading for them to forgive me...but Brother Corona and Sister Margarita are very forgiving of my sins.

Jennifer said...

You are too funny! You know, according to the La Leche League, it takes 90 minutes for the booze to end up in your breastmilk...

Thanks for the comment over at my blog!!

EE said...

And it looks soooo good...dang!