Sitting down and doing this took longer than I thought but it was fun.
Three Things That Scare Me:
- Harry Potter –(stop laughing) the later books – yet I will be buying the new one come July!
- Myself or someone in my close family contracting a fatal illness.
- My kids (I know, that’s two people) E because of her ever expanding use of multi-syllabic words that never cease to amaze me, and J with those gurgly baby laughs that crack me up every time I hear them, even though I had to work SO hard to make them happen!
- Billy Connolly
- My husband
Three Things I Love
- My family
- An ice cold beer
Three Things I Hate
- Drivers that don’t use their turn signals
- Buttons – I really HATE them, and I’m not alone koumpounophobia. While I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a 'fear' for me, I certainly do hate them and will go out of my way not to wear anything that has buttons on it. The fact that kids clothes designers seem so keen to use buttons for decorative purpose rather than function irritates me to no end. Yes, I know, I am a freak!
Three Things I Don't Understand
- Drivers that don’t use their turn signals – really people, how hard is it to flick that lever and give me even a nanosecond of warning that you’re going to cut in front of me?
- Why my daughter insists on stripping herself bare naked, as she has done twice already this morning.
Three Things On My Desk
- Empty coffee cup (a sign that my housework break is over!)
- Bills awaiting payment (better do that next!)
- Car keys
Three Things I'm Doing Right Now
- Answering this meme
- Telling E to get dressed
- Trying to remember if I have stamps to post these bills?
Three Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Grow old
- Be a GREAT mother
- Be a grandmother
Three Things I Can Do
- Play piano (albeit by ear – too lazy to read the music)
Three Things I Can't Do
- Dance – sadly I’m not blessed with the ability to move arms, legs and body in anything resembling a coordinated fashion, and to the beat of music? Forget it.
- Stay organized for more than a few days at a time
- Watch anything whatsoever to do with vampires.
Three Things I Think You Should Listen To
- Your conscience
- Celine Dion’s ‘Miracle’ CD – I don’t normally like Celine Dion – but this CD captures the wondrous miracle of being a mother for me.
Three Things You Should Never Listen To
- Anyone who tries to drag you down – you know the negative,’ suck the happiness out of you’ people
- Sanjaya on American Idol (thankfully we don't have to after last night - AT LAST!)
Three Things I'd Like To Learn
- To have the patience to read music and play the piano better
- To stop worrying about what other people think of me or what I do
- To dance lol!
Three Favorite Foods
- Good Chinese food – there isn’t any in this town
- Spaghetti and Meatballs – all the better now that I’ve learned to make my own
- Chocolate – I’ll even sink to eating the Toll House chips if I have no other chocolate around!
Three Shows I Watched As A Kid
- Blue Peter (a UK show)
- The A Team
- Wonder Woman
Three Things I Regret
- A brief fling with someone when I was 24 – not a good person and not a good fling.
- Not visiting a friend when I knew she was going to die, because I was too chicken to handle it – what a coward I am.
- Not knowing my paternal grandparents.
I think I am supposed to 'tag' three more people for this but since everyone I 'know' in blogland has done this, or something similar recently I won't. Feel free to do it if you like though :)