I'll write 10 (maybe not very) interesting facts about me and/or habits of mine.
I'm supposed to tag 10 people, but since I've seen this on a few blogs that I read - I'm running out of options (and don't say read more blogs - I read too many as it is!)
Here are my ten fascinating facts, and no yawning permitted:
- I fell out of an upstairs window when I was five years old and got away with just a broken arm (and gave my pregnant mother a near heart attack!)
- I learned to drive a manual (stick shift) car, and that is the only type I drove in Ireland. Now that I'm so used to driving an automatic, I find it hard to adjust to manual when I visit Ireland. We're going home soon for a visit, so here's hoping I don't burn anyone's clutch out!
- I called someone yesterday whom I met through a mommy message board! She is a very nice person, and I felt totally comfortable calling her and I'm very glad that I did :) She's a great listener (I didn't really give her much choice!), and if she forgives me for chatting while her pizza was going cold, maybe we'll do it again some day and talk about more superficial stuff.
- I hate mushrooms. I think it's just the texture, because they don't really have a 'taste'. I can't even force myself to eat them if they're in a meal I eat at someone's house - I have to embarrass myself and push them to the side of my plate.
- I like mashed banana on toast, with a slice of cheese melted over the top. Sounds gross - but try it.
- I cannot touch my toes without bending my knees - and I think this has something to do with my legs being 3.5 ft long (heel to hip - a fact I had to determine as part of a statistics exercise once lol!)
- I am to be Matron of Honor at my sister's wedding in Ireland next year - at 36 I may be the oldest bridesmaid in history!
- I have a congenital malformation of my brain, discovered in December 2006 after a cat scan following a bad fall I had. Apparently my brain at the base of my skull extends further than it's meant to. I've never had any ill effects from this and I like to think of it as me being so brainy that my head can't hold it all in :). Knowing this now however does kind of freak me out a little and messes with the hypochondriac in me.
am escaping from the kids, am spending some quality time with friends on an evening out this week (can you tell I'm excited??)
- I drop the 'f bomb' entirely too often - I'm trying to do better!