Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Reader Woes

As in 'Google Reader'.

I have none of my subscriptions showing up in my reader. They are all there in my settings, but Google Reader is not updating them for me.

The mighty Google Search is letting me down big time, as there are no current articles showing up revealing any current issues. It's just me it seems.

'Help' is no use either - no handy hints on what I've done wrong, or how I can get my subscriptions to show up.

The first couple of days this happened I thought 'fine, I'll just go directly to the blogs and read them' - which is great - and takes me back to what I used to do before I even knew Readers existed (I'm a bit slow like that).

One big snag in this though. I have been very bad at updating my blog roll - and while I can merrily click on those blogs listed in my blog roll, I have about three times as many great blogs that I read, that I never managed to put on my blog roll - and now I'm having a hard time finding some of them.

I've come across several of you by clicking through on comments you've made on other blogs.

Mind you, once I get to the blogs I'm finding lots of people saying that blogging has lost its appeal and you're taking a break - maybe I'm not missing much anyway?

I need something to read while I'm having my morning coffee though! To save me from trawling through everyone's comments looking for all those great blogs again, and to save my kids from certain neglect today - post me a comment here so I can get your url again and set everything up in another reader (I think I'm going to dump Google!).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blogging thing ain't easy sometimes, is it!? I have had issues with Bloglines in the past. I also find that I'll discover a great blog and forget to bookmark or subscribe to the feed, only to have it be untraceable! So frustrating.

Oh, and the Help feature on every application is a piece of junk!!


Jane, Pinks & Blues

justme said...

here i am....i use reader now and have not updated my blogroll on my site as well.

Christine said...

Readers just aren't the same to me...I can read more blogs in a day, but I don't get that connected feeling I get by visiting individual sites.

Flamenco Mom said...

Annie, don't even get me started on the "Help" thing--it should be called "No help at all!"
I use readers, but only for a few of the blogs I read; wanna know why? Because I can't get it to work correctly. Go figure.

Jen said...

I just bookmark blogs I like. The problem with that is, I have literally hundreds of them bookmarked, so it takes me a while to make the rounds.

I haven't tried google reader...I'm old fashioned.

Anonymous said...

That is so odd - I haven't had any problems with Google Reader, but Blogger has been ticking me off lately. My comments keep disappearing (hope this one doesn't).