Monday, July 16, 2007

Career Change

Before you think I'm going to ditch my prestigious position as steward of my household and family, fear not. I have been tagged for a fun meme by Sara, about the careers I might choose if I had the opportunity to spend a 1 year internship in any company or field. Here are my top 5 choices:

  1. The US President - because anyone is bound to do a better job than the current incumbent and his party, right? (Did I just say that out loud? Do I hear the sound of crickets out there as supportive conservatives among you have run away? Sorry!)

    On second thoughts, maybe I'm too apologetic to be a President.

  2. Computer software engineer - because each of my three siblings do this and I feel like the odd one out! And, then I'd have a clue about computers and all that good stuff and I wouldn't have to annoy them to take remote control of my PC over the internet to fix my techy problems!

  3. A chef - I like to cook, but I run out of ideas very quickly and so my repertoire is limited - only don't put me under the tutelage of Gordon Ramsey, while his food may be delicious, I'm not sure I could take being on the receiving end of his temper!

  4. Disney Imagineer - I love Disney, always have and have long thought it would be so cool to work for them. I'd even consider working in Disney World but fear that finding out that Cinderella doesn't really live in that castle, might be more than I can take.

  5. Travel Reporter - so that I could jet set around the world on someone else's dime!

I don't usually tag others for memes, but I will for this one since I am willing to bet that the following people can come up with some fun hypothetical careers, or tell us about something they'd always wished they could do!

Jenny from Absolutely Bananas
Brillig from T'was Brillig
Megan from Velveteen Mind (because she tagged me for my very first meme, and I like returning favours ;) )
Moodswingingmommy at Am I Mad or am I Just a Mommy?, because she's up to her eyes preparing to sell her house and hasn't been blogging much - maybe a meme will help her keep her hand in?
The Good Woman from My Wee Scottish Blog - again, returning that tagging favour!

10 comments:

Pendullum said...

Great list...

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh, that was so funny! And sure got my gears spinning. =)

Anonymous said...

President? I wouldn't want that...my PMS would have me acting all weird in public and stuff...

Annie said...

At least PMS would be your excuse JJ... What's his? ;)

Bananas said...

ha ha LOVE it! Thanks for the tag!

tinamtl said...

My husband is a computer engineer. ;0) *Good money, but not a highly fulfilling career*

As for number 1.

I KNEW I LIKED YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic list!!

I love your blog!!

Found you through Crazy Hip Mama Bloggers!

- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls

Anonymous said...

What a fun meme. #1 was my favorite. I hear the job is up for grabs soon, perhaps you should go for it...

The Good Woman said...

Hi Annie. I will do this but really need to get to a few non-tag related posts. I like this idea tho'

Annie said...

I understand TGW - the same happened to me. Don't worry if you don't do it tough - it won't bother me in the least :)